Beat the Peak is a voluntary program to help hold down power costs – and keep rates affordable.
Your participation in Beat the Peak helps level off peaks in energy usage, which usually occur on the coldest winter mornings and hottest summer afternoons. Wholesale power costs more during these times and reducing energy consumption during these events can keep everyone’s electric bill as low as possible.
Beat the Peak makes it easy to save energy and money. Members will automatically be notified via text and/or email when a peak period will occur. We ask that you conserve energy during peak times by doing the following:
- Adjust your thermostat by a few degrees.
- Avoid doing dishes, laundry, showering, and cooking.
- Turn off or power down anything, not in use.
- Turn off unnecessary lights.
- Charge electric vehicles before or after peak periods.
To update your email or phone number associated with your account please contact us by calling (800) 842-5871. Members that wish not to receive alerts can easily opt-out.