Scholarship HighwayBEMC awards $10,000 in college scholarships each year.
Each year Brunswick Electric awards two scholarships of $5,000 each to high school seniors from Brunswick County and the Columbus County area served by BEMC.
Scholarship awards are based on a combination of academic achievement, participation in community or school-related activities, SAT scores, letters of reference, and submission of a 1,500-word essay.
Applications are available online by mid-December, and the submission deadline is generally mid-March each year. Application packages will also be available in all high school guidance offices by mid-December.
All completed applications must be submitted through the student’s guidance counselor by the application deadline. Failure to apply on time could result in disqualification of the application.
The application period for 2021 is closed.
And check out Brunswick County Membership Corporation’s other scholarship opportunities here! We are here to serve our community members with more than just power.
The scholarships are open to all high school seniors meeting the following criteria:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Attend a high school located in Brunswick, Columbus, Bladen, or Robeson County
- Live in a residence receiving electric service from BEMC
- Must be the dependent of a BEMC member with a permanent primary residence that currently receives electric service from BEMC
- Have been accepted at an accredited 2-yr community college, 4-yr college, or a vocational/technical school, for a full-time status of 12 or more credit hours
- Plan to start school in the fall of the award year