Board of Directors
As vested representatives of our member-owned community, our cooperative’s board is actively invested in providing its members with the best electric energy services and resources.
Elected by the membership, the cooperative board of directors are also members, but with a unique perspective.
Their responsibilities include planning and policy oversight, setting the co-op’s long-term objectives, and providing the resources to meet those objectives. Their commitment includes monthly meetings to review progress, make strategic decisions, and stay current on an increasingly complex business.
Your board members work closely with the CEO/GM and senior staff to monitor co-op projects’ results and assure accountability. Each board member represents a specific district but is always concerned with all co-op members’ interests.
Nominations for Board of Directors
In accordance with BEMC bylaws, the Nominating and Election Committees will meet on August 10, 2021, at BEMC headquarters. Nominations for the Board of Directors may be made by the Nominating Committee or by the petition process. Completed petitions must be received at BEMC headquarters by 5 pm on July 27, 2021. Questions regarding requirements for the board or the election process should be directed to Jean King at (910) 754-4391 x 4213.
- District 1 – Perry Sellers, Brunswick County
- District 2 – Deborah Ahlers, Brunswick County
- District 3 – Moses Herring, Brunswick County
- District 4 – Glenn Humbert, Brunswick County
- District 5 – JoAnn Simmons, Brunswick County
- District 6 – Larry Fowler, Columbus County
- District 7 – David Gore, Columbus County
- District 8 – Dan Strickland, Columbus County
- District 9 – Calvin Duncan, Columbus County
- District 10 – Frederick Tedder, Columbus County
- At-Large – John Ward, Brunswick County
2020 Board officers:
- President – Frederick Tedder
- Vice President – John Ward
- Secretary/Treasurer – David Gore
- Asst. Secretary/Treasurer – Larry Fowler
You may contact us here.