Board of Directors
As vested representatives of our member-owned community, our cooperative’s board is actively invested in providing its members with the best electric energy services and resources.
Elected by the membership, the cooperative board of directors are also members, but with a unique perspective.
Their responsibilities include planning and policy oversight, setting the co-op’s long-term objectives, and providing the resources to meet those objectives. Their commitment includes monthly meetings to review progress, make strategic decisions, and stay current on an increasingly complex business.
Your board members work closely with the CEO/GM and senior staff to monitor co-op projects’ results and assure accountability. Each board member represents a specific district but is always concerned with all co-op members’ interests.
District 4 Board Position Open for Applications
Brunswick Electric’s Board of Directors has an open position in District 4 following the retirement of past Vice President Phillip Cheers. The Board, management, employees, and membership would like to thank Mr. Cheers for his exemplary dedication while representing BEMC members for 20 years. Applications for the District 4 position will be accepted through April 2. Information about serving on BEMC’s Board, including qualifications, responsibilities, and how to apply, should be directed to Jean King by calling (800)-842-5871 or emailing email@example.com.
- District 1 – Perry Sellers, Brunswick County
- District 2 – Deborah Ahlers, Brunswick County
- District 3 – Moses Herring, Brunswick County
- District 4 – Open, Brunswick County
- District 5 – JoAnn Simmons, Brunswick County
- District 6 – Larry Fowler, Columbus County
- District 7 – David Gore, Columbus County
- District 8 – Dan Strickland, Columbus County
- District 9 – Calvin Duncan, Columbus County
- District 10 – Frederick Tedder, Columbus County
- At-Large – John Ward, Brunswick County
2020 Board officers:
- President – Frederick Tedder
- Vice President – John Ward
- Secretary/Treasurer – David Gore
- Asst. Secretary/Treasurer – Larry Fowler
You may contact us here.