Rooftop SolarBEMC is among the top co-ops in NC for rooftop-mounted solar, with more than 300 solar rooftop installations, and the numbers are growing!
BEMC is among the top co-ops in NC for rooftop mounted solar, with more than 300 solar rooftop installations and the number is growing!
Established in 2015, BEMC’s aggressive net metering program for residential and commercial members is one of the first dedicated net metering systems in North Carolina. Owners of small renewable energy systems receive retail credit for a portion of their panels’ electricity.
Your project may also qualify for our Weatherization Loan program, which provides loans to homeowners and small businesses for energy efficiency improvements and some renewable energy projects.
BEMC is not affiliated with any solar panel installation company, but our Renewable Energy Specialist is happy to help you get started in the right direction. Always do your research and read reviews before selecting a solar provider to ensure you’re getting a good deal that meets your expectations. If you need help figuring out the best solar solution for your lifestyle, call us at 800-842-5871.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE INSTALLING ROOFTOP SOLAR:
- Rooftop solar systems cannot exceed 10 kW.
- Members must complete and sign an Interconnection Agreement
- Members must provide proof of home liability insurance
- All commercial solar and solar greater than 10kW, please contact BEMC
RENEWABLE ENERGY – GENERAL INFO:
BEMC RENEWABLE ENERGY DOCUMENTS:
- Information on rates, requirements and other details: BEMC Rates Document reference Rate 30 for rooftop solar.
- Interconnection Process and Procedures
- Interconnection Agreement for Distributed Generation System < 10 KW
- Renewable Energy Facility Registration Guide
- U.S. Dept of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- NC GreenPower
- The NC Clean Energy Technology Center: a clearinghouse for solar and other renewable energy programs, information, research, technical assistance and training, located at NC State University.
- Cape Fear Chapter of the US Green Building Council: Seeks to bring together professionals in our area in the building industry, including architects, designers, contractors, builders, realtors, and developers, and concerned members of the general public. BEMC is among the top co-ops in NC for rooftop mounted solar, with more than 100 solar rooftop installations and the numbers are growing!