Nov 30, 2011: Loan funds are available again ... Call for details!
Energy Efficiency Improvements
for Your Home or Business*
BEMC can help with a Low-Interest Weatherization Loan
Since 1989, BEMC has been making low interest (5%) loans to members to help them make energy efficiency improvements to their existing homes..... all to help members save on their energy costs. As of December 2011, we’ve loaned nearly $7.8 million dollars.
First, you need to decide what project would make a difference in your home’s energy use. Get started by visiting the TogetherWeSave website. This will show your potential energy savings for a variety of projects.
Projects eligible for a low interest loan from BEMC include:
- new heat pump - minimum 15 SEER rating
- new water heater - solar or electric
- replacement windows
- mobile home "roofovers"
- insulation - ceiling, wall, floor, ducts
- solar water heater
- duct repairs or replacement
How much money can you borrow for your project?
BEMC makes loans for up to $6,000 for weatherization projects. Payments are generally spread over five years and are billed with your monthly energy bill. You may pay off the loan sooner without penalty.
The loan process is simple . . .
1) Contact us BEFORE you begin the work, but after you’ve obtained cost estimates and know how much you want to borrow.
2) Qualify and complete a loan application. You will have an answer on the loan very quickly . . . generally within 24 hours. (You must own your home and have at least two years of service with BEMC with a good payment history.)
3) Choose your contractor and arrange for the work to be done.
4) When the work is completed to your satisfaction, come in to our office to sign the promissory note and we will prepare the check for your contractor.
We’re here to help! Please stop by any BEMC office or call us to apply for one of our Low-Interest Energy Efficiency Loans.
* NEW Commercial Loan Program for Energy Efficiency or Renewable Energy projects. Businesses and churches can borrow up to $10,000.